Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Maps in QV

Hi guys,

I have looked online for some help on how to create a dashboard with containing some Google Maps in it but as you've guessed I've failed. It seems that none of the examples I've found wouldn't work at all.

Basically what I am trying to do is upload an Excel file with 3 columns (Name, Status and City) into QlikView. The Name field is for our customers, Status is if they are active of Inactive customers and City is the place they belong. What i wanna do is having a map of UK showing all our customers in the relevant city and depending on their status i want the name to show Green if they are active or Red if inactive. Now i have used the script below that I've found online but QlikView give's me an error message. Please see below the script and the attachment.

Thanks in Advance

let noRows = NoOfRows('Table1')-1;

for i=0 to $(noRows)

let a=peek('FirstName',$(i),'Table1');
let b=peek('LastName',$(i),'Table1');
let c=peek(‘ProductSold’,$(i),'Table1');
let address=peek('City',$(i),'Table1'); 

Data:
LOAD
'$(a)'
as FirstName,
'$(b)'
as LastName,
'$(c)'
as ProductSold,
'$(address)'
as Address,
subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,1) AS longitude,
subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,2) AS latitude
FROM [http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=$(address)&output=xml&oe=utf8&sensor=false&key=XXYYZZ] (XmlSimple, Table is [kml]);

next

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Example.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have tried one of these guides ?

I haven't been using Google maps myself yet, but maybe these guides could be a starting point to work with.

Step-by-Step Google Map API v3 integration

Steps for beginners to implement Google Maps in Qlikview

Google maps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The script i;ve used is from one of those guides. What i don't understand is why QV doesn't recognise the data i've uploaded.

TBH i don't mind if it's google maps or any other mpas. As long as I have a map in there I'm happy

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this one :

Table1:

LOAD FirstName,

LastName,

City,

[Products sold] as ProductSold

FROM

Customer_info.xls

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

let noRows = NoOfRows('Table1')-1;

for i=0 to $(noRows)

let a=peek('FirstName',$(i),'Table1');

let b=peek('LastName',$(i),'Table1');

let c=peek('ProductSold',$(i),'Table1');

let address=peek('City',$(i),'Table1');

dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III

Heres the mapping working on some UK town data, you will need longtitude and latitude etc to get it to work.  Colour isn't working, but its home time so will leave that to you.  Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry couldn't see the example with the mapping working. Perhaps you forgot to attach the file. Also for the longitude and latitude... does this mean I have to have to extra columns in my excel Sheet against each city?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I ll see how it's going