Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberclaus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Graph: Layout - Show - Conditional

Hello community.

Today I have a special question about graphs. I have tab with a graph that I want to show only if

- there is more than one selection or

- if I for myself have a look at the tab with graph or

- if an administrative user within the "Section Access" has a look at the tab

"Normal" users that do only have a selection via Section Access should not see the graph. Users with more than one selection and administrator should see it. I also need to see it - at least in the development environment.

I found OSUser() and QVUser() but don't know which one to use (in our development environment and also in the published web view) and I found GetSelectedCount().

I'm scared to shut myself out. So I feel unsafe to test. Has anyone here experience with it and can possibly post a solution?

Thanks in advance

Greets from sunny Nürnberg in Germany

cyberclaus

Labels (2)
1 Reply
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

As for making the graph show after a selection is made, you just need to put this is the layout tab where it says conditional: GetSelectedCount(FIELD) <> 0. If there are multiple fields that could be selected, just do like: GetSelectedcount(FIELD1) <> 0 or GetSelectedCount(FIELD2) <> 0 or .....

And I am not sure about the section access problem. I have never personally used that. But you could just make a copy of your Qlikview file and test with that so you do not get locked out.