Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III

Help me in sorting the order of legend?

Hi All,

I have one field dayscheck as below

dayscheck

0-10 Days

11-30 Days

31-50 Days

51-70 Days

70+ Days

I used the above dayscheck field in my caliculated dimension.

=if(wildmatch(Billing,'pending','approved','Dues','Verified','Closed'),dayscheck)

Now problem is with legend. It is diplaying the order in below way,

I am unable to sort the order  Can anyone please help me to sort the order in legend.

Thanks, Durgadays.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi durga, I usually create the buckets using dual function, so the values are a number with a text representation, in script you can create dayscheck like this:

If....., Dual('0-10 Days', 1),

If(...., Dual('11-30 Days', 2)... and so on

This way the text is related to a number and they can be sorted easily, usually they are automatically sorted using the number.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Go to sort tab and under expression write below

=Only({1}Pick(Match(dayscheck,'0-10 Days','11-30 Days','31-50 Days','51-70 Days','70+ Days'),1,2,3,4,5))

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use Load Order sorting. Just put this this inline table at the begin of your script and drop it at the end.

SortingTable:

LOAD * INLINE [

dayscheck

0-10 Days

11-30 Days

31-50 Days

51-70 Days

70+ Days];

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a shorter solution:

goto sort tab and define

=num(left(dayscheck,1)

and sort ascending

Expression will get 0,1,3,5, 7 and that should be all you need

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Robert,

Thanks for response!  I followed the same as in that link but it is not sorting the legend values. again it is showing the order as in screenshot.

Advice me!

Thanks,

durga

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=Only({1}Match(dayscheck,'0-10 Days','11-30 Days','31-50 Days','51-70 Days','70+ Days'))

rubenmarin

Hi durga, I usually create the buckets using dual function, so the values are a number with a text representation, in script you can create dayscheck like this:

If....., Dual('0-10 Days', 1),

If(...., Dual('11-30 Days', 2)... and so on

This way the text is related to a number and they can be sorted easily, usually they are automatically sorted using the number.

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rudolf/Manish,

I have calicuated dimension in pie chart  as below:

=if(wildmatch(Billing,'pending','approved','Dues','Verified','Closed'),dayscheck)

Now my dimension label name is status, if i go to sort tab it is showing status dimension, i write condition as you said but it is not changing the dimension order.

@ Manish: how can i write set expression for dayscheck in calicualted dimension.

same clumsy order is displaying in legend as above screenshot.

Thanks,

Durga

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post example qvw?