Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help required in timeline pivot table!

Hi

I want to pass Week/Year/FinancialYear/etc... instead of Date in the attached pivot table. I tried to create a group by adding Week(Date), Year(Date),etc in that group and passed the created group instead of Date but it didn't work.

Can anyone helpme out on this please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It's not working, because of your expression. When you switch to weeks, years, etc. anything that includes more that one dates, will result in multiple records within one set of dimension values and therefore you need an aggregation function in order to accommodate these multiple records so that you end up with 1 value. In this case a simple SUM around your expression will do it. Check the attached file.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Can you please post some sample data how it should look like.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

As I said instead of Date in the pivot table it should be week. Hope it is understandable now!

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Try to calculate Week(date), Year(date) in the script when reloading data.

regards,

Beyrem

Not applicable
Author

Beyrem wrote:
Try to calculate Week(date), Year(date) in the script when reloading data.

Thanks!

I have already tried that but it is not working.

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

At scripting level, please specify same date format in all dates as -

DATE (

(StartDate+IterNo()-1),'DD/MM/YYYY') AS date

use this format in all rest date field and then derive week(date) as week, year(date) as year.

It will work.

Regards

Neetu Singh

Not applicable
Author

It's not working, because of your expression. When you switch to weeks, years, etc. anything that includes more that one dates, will result in multiple records within one set of dimension values and therefore you need an aggregation function in order to accommodate these multiple records so that you end up with 1 value. In this case a simple SUM around your expression will do it. Check the attached file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

Your trick has worked yet again! Many thanks to you...

Not applicable
Author

Glad to hear it! Enjoy! 🙂

Thanx for the points! 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

In the sample application which you have provided the solution above. If I add MonthName(date) in the group chart are displayed as shown in the figure. I don't want that to display the something like "##'. I think that is because of less to display the data. Could you please tell me how that could be resolved. I am sorry if it is very simple. But please do let me know how to solve that issue. Please do it only when you are free.

Please make sure that it should not display "##" any more for what ever the time line pass in the group.