Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polingolingo
Contributor
Contributor

Help with Street light gauge

Good afternoon,

I have been searching my question in the boards without luck.  Please forgive me if similar has been asked before.

I have sample data that looks like the below. I have four total deals and the deals are made up of different categories. the sum of all the categories make up my total margin.   In the example below, Deal1 made a total of -40. 

Q1 - What I want to create is a street light gauge with green and red lights & next to the lights, I would have the count of deals that either made money (green) or lost money (red). In the case of the example data below, I would have a gauge light that shows Green = 1 & Red = 3 (as three deals lost money & 1 made money) for a total of 4 deals.   

Q2.  Side question,  I want to have an object box that returns the total margin results on a specific category when a deal is selected. If I just want to see the "payables" total margin, and I select Deal1 - I would get the result of =40. But I do not want to have "payables" as a selected field. The only selected field would be deal 1.  

qlik.JPG 

Thank you in advance for your help and ideas 

Labels (1)
13 Replies
polingolingo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ruben, 

Maybe I was just being confusing with the traffic lights.  What I am really looking for is a conditional count function based on that original straight table in which I get a "count" of results based on whether the deal made or lost money.  So, what I need is a count function that returns = 3 for those deals that lost money and = 1 for the one deal that made money.  

Thank you 

rubenmarin

Another try

polingolingo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Perfect! thank you so much for all of your help Ruben.  

rubenmarin

Sorry for the confusing answers. If it's not clear what I have done:

- I used valuelist dimension to fix 2 rows. 

- Check the expression for each light using pick(Match()) of the value list

- There is an expression that counts reds and other for greens (zero result is counted as green because the >=0)

- In presentation tab hide the dimension and table headers