Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

Here's a challenge - and a request for help creating a static grid in bubble chart

Hello,

I would like to do the folowing with the bubble chart in the attached .qvw (and pictured below):

1. Maintain a static, consistently sized 3 x 3 grid,
  2. that aligns with the project Class descriptions and Project Type labels included outside of the actual chart,
  3. where bubbles do not overlap,
  4. display minor grids only,
  5. and in a perfect world, define the x and y locations where the dimension values will appear; that is, when looking at Region, specify that the bubble for North America (for example) will always appear in the upper left corner of the specific 'box'

If I can create a static-sized chart with a static grid, then I could add horizontal lines on the y axis to create the illusion of a '9-Box'.

I have tried various approaches unsuccessfully. Is any of this possible? How? If it can be accomplished with a Scatter Chart, that would be ok too.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Ellen

p.s. I am working in v10.5 and have v11 available

BubChrt.JPG

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You have SA protection on the qvw you uploded. What's the uid/pwd to get in?

-Rob

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ADMIN

admin

So sorry for the delay! I am still in need of help.

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rob,

Just making sure that you saw my response to your request for the uid and pw.

id: ADMIN

pw: admin

Thanks again for taking a look at this. I am looking forward to seeing/hearing something back.

Ellen

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ellen,

I've looked at it a bit but don't have a solution yet. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

-Rob