Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bediehau
Partner - Contributor III

Horizantal scroll bar on Chart Straight table

I have just installed 11.20 SR12, and the container does NOT show scrollbars around the Straight Table Chart at all.

It just cuts everything off at the edge of the container.

I'm using grid style container with 1 by 1 grid.

Using tab style does not change the behaviour.

This is a most annoying 'feature' where the chart just grows over other parts of the application when users resize columns.

(and yes: size to data has been unchecked)

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi dieter

I just tried implementing your scenario. You have to do following things:

• uncheck the 'Allow move/ size' box in chart's 'Layout' tab properties
  • uncheck the 'Allow drag and drop' box in chart's 'Presentation' tab properties
  • uncheck the 'Allow move/ size' box in sheet properties
  • uncheck the 'Admin override security' box in 'Security' tab of document of properties

Regards

bediehau
Author

This mostly makes it impossible for users (and myself while designing the report) to alter anything.
Resizing column widths is no longer possible, which eliminates the need for the scroll bar altogether.

With this approach I have been unsuccessful in getting the scroll bar to show, neither in Chart, nor in Container

(client mode)

bediehau
Author

Just discovered something (while investigating the web for the issue some more):

I have removed the description field from the dimensions and added it as an expression using Only() function.
This gives me the horizontal scroll bar in the Straight Table Chart itself, no need for Container anymore.

It has an insane Set Analysis formula behind it to make sure it only shows the lines that actually also have metric data, but it works for my purpose.

Still a nuisance to have to work in such a complicated way, especially if the different metrics have very different set analysis, finding the one that works for the description could be a challenge.

Not applicable

Do the number of columns in your straight table grow dynamically?

bediehau
Author

No. number of columns is fixed. But columns can be resized or moved.