Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I combine data from one dataset to another in the front-end

Hello all,

I am working on a report which compares the values from one parameter to another whith a common variable "Batch".

As you can see in the attachment I have one dataset with 3 columns (batch, parameter, value). I want to make a selection of 2 of those parameters and use the first selected parameter (linked value) as dimension and the other parameter (linked value) for the expression. Because the dataset holds very much parameters I would rather not generate a column for each parameter. In stead I want to form a dataset when the selection is made.

Hopefully my description (in combination with the attachement) is clear. I am open for alternatives if I'm not on the wright track.
Thanks in advance for the reply.

Best regards Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I found a way to dynamically determine the dataset for my graph. I don´t think it´s the most logical way to Rome, but ik works for know. I added the result in the attachement and if somebody wants to comment the chosen solution that would be great. Hopefully it can be solved easier.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Why don't you make parameter a dimension in a pivot table and drag the dimension up to the top to make it a cross table?

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hello Karl,

Thanks for the fast reply! I am not sure I understand were you are going, that´s why a little more explanation about my situation.

The essance of the report is to compare the values of two parameters linked by the batch. That's why the presentation has to be a graph. I allready use the value as a dimension, but I am not able to determine the epression dynamically. When I determine a table using script in the script editor the result is static and I am not able to update this table when another parameter is selected. I´m trying several things to prepare the data dynamically, but I still don´t have the solution. I am able to calculate a extra dataset, except that only results in aggregated values. Not the exact value belonging with the batch.

I added an attachment with my test application. Hopefully the functionallity I want is possible.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I found a way to dynamically determine the dataset for my graph. I don´t think it´s the most logical way to Rome, but ik works for know. I added the result in the attachement and if somebody wants to comment the chosen solution that would be great. Hopefully it can be solved easier.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Tom

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Tom,

You did what you had to do.  In QV 11, you could avoid the duplicate table and use alternate states, but in previous versiones you did it the way it has to be done.

I thought you wanted to see all the values of every parameter at the same time and that's were a pivot table would come in handy, but that would not work to make the scatterplot you needed.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

Can you give me some more explanation aout the solution in QV11?
Ik would like to migrate to QV11 as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Tom Putmans

martino
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Tom,

Take a look at the "What's new in QlikView 11" demo. There are some great examples of the "Alternate States" function that makes it possible to create comparative analysis.

Best regards

Martin