Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator

How can an expression have no Sheet Name in Expression Overview?

When inspecting all expressions in Qlikview (using Settings --> Expression Overview),

I often see expressions with an objectID but without a Sheet Name?

What does this mean and how are you supposed to find this Object?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

It does seem to be the case for linked charts, I've made a test document with two sheets with the two linked charts on them and in the expression overview there is now no longer a sheet name. (Attached DateTest.qvw)

As to your problem of finding objects and or expressions, you could xml read your qvw file. In the load script editor use the table files wizard, point to your qvw document and open and in the next step set the file type to xml.

I made an example loading the first example with a table showing the SheetID, OBjectID and definition (with expression).

Now both are shown.

XmlReadQvw.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

sheet name available

Untitled.png

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

you could cross reference the ObjectID in Document properties - Sheets.

It could be that they are linked objects and on multiple sheets or maybe hidden objects?

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Arul - thanks for looking at my quesiton.

Please see attached:

Udklip.PNG

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Could be --> but how do I find out? It is a big document so manually investigation is not an option

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

you didnt give the name for sheet?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Based on your screen shot, it looks like that you never gave a sheet name.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

It does seem to be the case for linked charts, I've made a test document with two sheets with the two linked charts on them and in the expression overview there is now no longer a sheet name. (Attached DateTest.qvw)

As to your problem of finding objects and or expressions, you could xml read your qvw file. In the load script editor use the table files wizard, point to your qvw document and open and in the next step set the file type to xml.

I made an example loading the first example with a table showing the SheetID, OBjectID and definition (with expression).

Now both are shown.

XmlReadQvw.png

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Are there any hidden sheets?  You could try running it through the document analyzer to see where object CH488.

I know it is not the most efficient method, but it would probably provide a definite answer.

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi CJ - actually very helpful!