Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you assign the number selected on a slider to a variable?

One of the sheet objects I am using is a standard Slider control. I am getting data from Customer Calls, of which one of the data entries is a value for how old they are (in days).

The slider was intended to be used to select a value for a number of days, to get all Customer Calls older than the selected slider value. I had assumed I could get the value back from the Slider in a variable and apply this to a query listing details of all the Calls older than the slider value.

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use for this getfieldselections().

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In addition to Marcus suggestion, you may want to check this: The Basics about Dates, Date Ranges and Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response.

I did try to use this function. I tried to display the slider value in the Caption using '=GetFieldSelections([Days Old])' but this did not work.

Perhaps my syntax in incorrect, or I need to assign it to a variable elsewhere. Perhaps you could elaborate on how you would suggest I use this function.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the link. The example is interesting and may provide the information I'm after.

marcus_sommer

If [Days Old] is your reference-field within the slider it should work with:

= GetFieldSelections([Days Old])

- Marcus

MarcoWedel

maybe you could create something like an The As-Of Table and just use a regular field you created in this table to select from with your slider object.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the suggestion. However, I don't quite see how an As-Of Table provides a means of getting the selected value from the slider object. I simply want to get hold of the value pointed to on the slider, but there does not seem to be a mechanism for doing this.

MarcoWedel

I understood you wanted to filter on "all Customer Calls older than the selected slider value."

Creating an additional field as described in the linked post and using your slider to select in this field should just do that.