Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aetingu12
Creator
Creator

How do you create a stacked waterfall chart

Dear all,

I am trying to create a waterfall chart that is stacked.  I am able to create a waterfall chart like the one below by creating multiple expressions and offsetting one from the previous ones:

Waterfall one.JPG

However I would like to have each segment as stacked by product as below.  I managed this with moving all to dimensions and with one expression.  This does give the desired stack, but since I have one expression, how do I offset each output within the expression:

Waterfall two.JPG

Expression_Stack.JPG

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Regards,

Aksel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to look at this?

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

Good morning,

Apologies for the delayed reply.  I work on Company Servers so I needed to create a mock view.  Please find attached.  The chart does what I want, but need to have it offset correctly.

sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.  Could you share the code as a text file?  My system restrictions don't allow me to open files for some reason?

Regards,

Aksel

sunny_talwar

I used the following bar offset expression

=pick(Match(ValueList('Opening Balance','No Change','Increase','Decrease','Closing Balance'),'Opening Balance','No Change','Increase','Decrease','Closing Balance'),

sum(TOTAL {<[Summary Date] = {"$(=monthend(addmonths(GetFieldSelections([Summary Date]),-1)))"} >} Balance),

sum(TOTAL {<[Summary Date] = {"$(=monthend(addmonths(GetFieldSelections([Summary Date]),-1)))"} >} Balance)+

sum(TOTAL {<[Summary Date] = {"$(=GetFieldSelections([Summary Date]))"},[Event] = {'Increase'} >} MoM )

+sum(TOTAL {<[Summary Date] = {"$(=GetFieldSelections([Summary Date]))"},[Event] = {'Decrease'} >} MoM ))

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much!!!

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Sunny,

Is it possible in QlikSense ? (Stacked waterfall chart)