Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to achieve vertical columns in QlikView pivot / straight table ?

Hi All,

I've inserted the image which i prepared in excel due to some concerns. However, i'm having same kind of pivot table in my QlikView Application.

I wanted to know that, is there any possibility to adopt vetical column names (Blue highlighted- 'SubSec'). I tried upto the best of my knowledge but, i'm unable to get this. If anyone came across this, could you please help me on this? will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Zain

Refer to below image for the reference,

vertical.PNG

6 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Go to Presentation tab >> Check the Box >>"Vertical Text on Columns"

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you mean to say that you want a horizontal dimension with SubSec1 ... SubSecN as labels?

If you have this dimension as a column on the left, expand your pivot table so that it is shown allright, then click the column header and drag it to the right header side. The blue arrow that indicates the position of the vertical column will rotate 90degrees. At that moment, just drop it.

Not applicable
Author

No luck! I tried all the possible ways but, not working.

Not applicable
Author

No, that isn't working. Only, i can change the position of the dimension by dragging it. I've to change to orientation of the SubSecx to make it appear vertical as we do it in excel.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

are you sure you're using pivot as chart type?!?

Not applicable
Author

yes.
And, even if by checking this option this will only make the column label vertical not the contents.