Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to adjust timeformats in line charts?

Hi all,

I want to make a line chart that displays a person's performance (result in time) at certain dates. The performances are stored in miliseconds, so I have to adjust this number to a timeformat, for which I am using this expression:

=time( ( Performance / 86400000 ) ,'mm:ss.ff')                =>   f.e. 01:59.50 is stored as 119500  and 119500/86400000 is used to get the correct time.

It results in this view:

Example.png

The problem is that I don't want to show values on data points, but I want the Y-axis to show time periods as 02:00.00, 01:55.00, etc.

I have tried to adjust the number format settings to time (-> mm:ss.ff), but this will only adjust the values on data points and not the Y-axis.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Vincent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

In experience that I've had trying to get numbers to display as money on the y-axis, I needed to add a static step (on the axes tab).  Then the format of the values on the axis matched whatever I was formatting my expressions as (on the number tab).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

In experience that I've had trying to get numbers to display as money on the y-axis, I needed to add a static step (on the axes tab).  Then the format of the values on the axis matched whatever I was formatting my expressions as (on the number tab).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, using an expression as static step worked.