Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

How to change font color to a specific label of a expression?Based on a conditional.

Hello

I need to change the font color to a specific label of a expression based on a conditional.

I have a straight table, because I need different sizes of dimensions and expressions and the pivot table does not allowed it.

2016-10-19_11-15-10.jpg

Please advise.

Thanks!

9 Replies

Re: How to change font color to a specific label of a expression?Based on a conditional.

I think this will be helpful: Colors in charts

- Marcus

akash3191
New Contributor III

Re: How to change font color to a specific label of a expression?Based on a conditional.

Hi Melba,

Can you please explain the problem in more detail? Based on what condition you want to change your color?

For now, I will suggest you to try below two options.

1. Visual Cues tab in the table properties.

- Here you can specify colors based on upper limit and lower limit.

2. Expand the expression and select "Text Color" option from the list.

- Here you can specify your condition to apply colors.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Akash.

vcanalecontext
Contributor II

Hi,
Try with right click on the Expression label and "Custom Format Cell"
Click on Text Color and add the condition in "Calculated"  - Base Color:20.10.png

Hope this can help!

Not applicable

Thank you Vincenza

I tried that, but in the expression, how can I refer to the especific label I need?

Not applicable

The condition is the label value, My client needs different colors in every label.

The pint is how I can specify the cell that I am going to change the color.

vcanalecontext
Contributor II

Hi Melba,

Instead of on the header, click on the expression data cell and all the default options will display: "Current Expression", "All Expressions" and "All Dimensions and Expressions".

col.png

vcanalecontext
Contributor II

hm!..but this will change the values cell color..
it seems that the only available option for the header is Apply change to "All Dimension".. sorry!

Not applicable

Yes, that is the point.

Thank you.

MVP
MVP

[Labels]:
LOAD
Label
,rgb(R,G,B) as Color
INLINE [
Label,R,G,B
Label1,255,0,0
Label2,0,255,0
Label3,0,0,255
etc.
];

SET vColor = alt(max([Color]),rgb(180,180,180));

In the chart, click on the + next to the Label dimension, click on background color, Edit, use $(vColor) as the expression. Or skip the variable if there's only one place you want this color, but generally, if I'm coloring specific values of a field, I want to use those colors consistently throughout my app.