Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

retko1985
Contributor

How to create a user bookmark?

Hello,

I found this page - Bookmark types ‒ QlikView - about bookmark types. If I understand correctly, when I create a user bookmark, and then send document to someone on different PC, he wont see them, right?

How can I create them?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shawn-qv
Contributor

Re: How to create a user bookmark?

That is correct. If using QlikView Desktop, go to add a bookmark, uncheck the option "Make this bookmark a document bookmark". This will make it a user bookmark.

If using the plug-in client, this option becomes "Create as a Server Bookmark" (this the first checkbox option).

If using the AJAX client, all bookmarks will be created as "My Server Bookmark" (the equivalent to user bookmark but on the server).

S.

1 Reply
shawn-qv
Contributor

Re: How to create a user bookmark?

That is correct. If using QlikView Desktop, go to add a bookmark, uncheck the option "Make this bookmark a document bookmark". This will make it a user bookmark.

If using the plug-in client, this option becomes "Create as a Server Bookmark" (this the first checkbox option).

If using the AJAX client, all bookmarks will be created as "My Server Bookmark" (the equivalent to user bookmark but on the server).

S.

Community Browser