Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create stacked chart

HI,
i have some country data which is in percentage and i want to creat a stacked chart which must be of 100% but whn i am creating a chart and in the "USED DIMENSION" i have taken Countries and in the Expressions i have taken the percentage values, the chart i am getting is a usual bar chart, can any one tell how to convert it into stacked chart, i tried the option of Staked in the Style tab but it is diable, and one more condition is that if the total of the all the values is not 100% even then also the all the values must be rounded such that the total comes 100%
Any help will be greatly appreciated, PFA file for your reference

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this

Create in your script a new dimesion :

1 as NewDim

Dimensions : NewDim , country

Expression :    sum(Value)  / sum(  ALL <NewDim> Value)  where value is your metric not necessary a percentage.

Style :  subtype : Stacked

JJ

Not applicable
Author

hi JJ,
Sorry for the late response, Can u explain where do i have to type "Style: subtype: stacked" if i go in chart properties there are few pre-defined chart type are available and what is the newdim as u mentioned

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mo

Look at the attachments to see where is the subtype stacked

I have to create new dimension in the scrip or in the chart to allow stacking the expression

Look at the qvw

JJ