Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create this sort of chart? (sample QV and picture provided)

We are running a sea port. We look for a chart to visualize, the occupation of the different docks (Aa,Bb,Cc). If there is a ship (Aa=1) there is a colored point, else (Aa=0) there isn't. The data comes in discrete 1 minute intervalls.

We would like to plot these different docks on a diagram as follows:

chart example.PNG

I've tried the Grid Chart, Scatter Chart and Line Chart, but none of my tries resulted in the desired result. Do you have an idea, how to do this?

What should I take as dimensions and what should be the expression?

An additional feature would be the posibility to aggregate by hour/day/week, and show the amount of time as bubble size.

In other words, it's the visualisation of a table like this (here aggregated by hour):

Hour Aa    Bb      Cc

01      0       52      10

02      23     25      60

03      25     10      33

04      0       60      36

05      12     60      60

06      60     15      23

07      5       0        0   

08      0       0        0

...     ...       ...      ...

I also attached a sample file.

Best,
Jonas

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check the QV file attached above.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Jonas.

If you will always have only A, B, C, you can use a line chart with some expressions.

I created one for each line and multiplied it by different numbers creating an offset.

Let me know if you need a more generic solution.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Like this?

Not applicable
Author

Hej federico!

This looks really cool! Looks as if you used some different data than I had (according to the plot: Port Aa has no occurence during the first hour. The bubble sizes seem to be all similar.) The CrossTable idea is very new to me. I will definitely look into that now.

I think I would need your file PruebaScatter.xlsx. Can you send this too, or make it inline?

Best,

Jonas

Not applicable
Author

Hej Erich! This looks awsome, thank you! The idea with the multiplication by [1,2,3] is really cool, thank you! 😃

Best,

Jonas

Not applicable
Author

Here is the xlsx file i used.

The idea of a crosstable is to have the port as a dimension disregarding is horizontal in the excel file.