Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to disable qlikview input box typing text.

Hallo, I am a new user of qlikview. I am developping a report for may Company. I use Input Boxes to select from a list of predefined values. All is OK. But I don't want users could type text in input box, but only select it from the list opened by clicking on the drop down icon. I want to disable qlikview input box typing text. Users could only click on dropdown arrow to select item from the list. I can i make it ? Can you help me ? Thank you.

14 Replies
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Just came across this same problem. It is a significant problem especially on mobile devices. I like the input box but it is hard to focus on just the pull down arrow.

The solution may have already been posted , but I found the best option is a button over all the text. Layout is set to "Top", Don't allow move, 100% transparent, no action and help text like "Please watch where your pointing!!!"

Margaret
Creator II
Creator II

nice workaround 🙂

I wish there was a way to bump this thread up so we could find out if there is a real fix without starting a new thre3ead.

Moderator: do you read this and can you tell me if that's possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Margaret,

Most content listings in the community are sorted by Latest Activity, so any reply on a thread will move it to the top of those listings.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Team

Not applicable
Author

I am also running into the same issue described above. We would like to have the input box show the dropdown list of values, regardless of where you click in the object. As it currently works, clicking on the arrow does show the list, but clicking anywhere else makes QlikView think that the user is trying to type in a value. This happens even when the Input Constraint is set to "Predefined Values Only", and the "Enable Edit Expression Dialog" box is unchecked.

Input Box Dropdown.png

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Don't use Input  Boxes if you want to limit to dropdown values, Instead use a Multi Box or a Straight Table or Table Box with dropdown select.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com