Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Announcements
The #1 reason QlikView customers adopt Qlik Sense is a desire for a modern BI experience. Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to display sub-total without change Table total in pivot table?

Hi,

I created pivot table in qlik view , i took  2 Dimensions,1 .country ,2.city dimensions, after wrote  expressions like this 1.sum( sales)

2.sum(sales) / sum( Total sales) 3.sum(sales)/sum(total<Country>sales) ater I displayed pivot table with sub-totals  but But in my pivot table when I selected city name  in List box the Pivot table show city sub-total value at the same time change the povot table total value.I do not want change pivot table total value. I want to display like this i.e 1.If I select one city name in List box  the pivot show city sub-total at the same not change the Pivot table total  value.ple tell me out how to display sub total at the same time not change Pivot Total value.

Example:

List box

City
Banglore
sanfrancisco
London
Pivot table
CountryCitySales
AmericaSan francisco30000
sub-total30000
UkLondon40000
sub-Total40000
IndiaBanglore50000
Sub-Total 50000
Total120000

if i select city Banglore in List box the pivot table shows like this  

CountryCitySales
IndiaBanglore50000
sub-total50000
Total50000

I do not want to display the pivot table    Like  above table.

I want to Display Pivot table like this .If i select City banglore the pivot table show sub total(Sales:50000) and does not    change     the total(Sales:120000) value.                                    

CountryCitySales
IndiaBanglore50000
sub-total50000
Total120000

ple tell me out How to display like above table .

thank you,

Regards;

Madhu

3 Replies
Highlighted
Master II
Master II

select subtotals in the label presentation, selecting element and selecting subtotals

p03.png

Highlighted
Not applicable

I do not understand can you explain with small example Enrique.

Thank you,

regards,

madhu

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, Madhu.  You can use set analysis to configure an expression to ignore selections.

In this example, Sum({<[Country]=, [City]=>} Total Sales)  will create a "Total Sales" field that ignores all selections in the City and Country dimensions.

QVW attached.  Cheers!