Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

How to embed a straight table into a Combo chart

I have a combo chart and over that i have created a small straight table as per picture:

embed.png

Is there a way to embed the straight table into the chart so i can export the image and easily print it?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

By concat you could add a third parameter to order the results, like:

concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & [Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10), Date)

Important is that the parameter is numeric - means here it must be a real date.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's not directly possible. Your table doesn't look very complex and therefore you may re-create the table within one or several textboxes - I mean the free text feature from the tab presentation (bottom right). For it you will need some aggr() and some logic to align - usually counting the length of the items and using it as parameter for a repeat() or similar - the content within it - maybe something in this way:

concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & YourExpression, Date), chr(10))

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for coming back to me.

That isn't quite working it just shows 7 lines of 0

The Expression i used was: =concat(aggr(Date&''=[Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10))

I was also wanting it to be able to colour code the responses, on the original table i used this expression within the text color field to produce this:

Pick(Match(Finish,'On Time','Early','Late'),Blue(),Green(),Red())

colour.png

I tried to input that code into the Font, Base Color, Calculated field but it just said bad field for Finish.

Any ideas?

marcus_sommer

The syntax isn't right - it should be rather:

= concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & [Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10))

and it might be helpful to play with the logic within a dummy-textbox instead of the chart (easier access to the properties and less calculations). It might be also needed that you adds some more logic - further dimensions in which context the calculation should happens, any needed set analysis and so on and of course using the right fields/expressions.

Any coloring here won't be possible - but ou may use upper/lower() and/or further ascii-chars to highlight respectively differ more between the results.

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So that has worked beautifully with one small complication. 

Its decided to put the 01/03/20 date at the top of the list so it looks like this:

extra.png

Any ideas why?

Its a shame about the lack of colouring but i'm sure we can live with it.

marcus_sommer

By concat you could add a third parameter to order the results, like:

concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & [Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10), Date)

Important is that the parameter is numeric - means here it must be a real date.

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you, this is great and has also helped me with a couple of other elements too using the same idea in the syntax.

Its a shame the colour picking on the expression doesn't work but you can't have everything.

Thank you!