cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to have 1 list box for 3 field ?

Hi All

Below will only recode core Brand :-

pick(1+match(if(len(trim(@282:298)),@282:298,subfield(@207:240,' ',1))

,'HAKKO','BECKHOFF','MITSUBISHI','MITSUBISH' ,'GE FANUC','GE','PROJECT','')

,'OTHER','HAKKO','BECKHOFF','MITSUBISHI','MITSUBISHI','GE FANUC','GE FANUC','PROJECT','') as [BRAND_MISC],

Below will recode all Brand :-

pick(1+match(if(len(trim(@282:298)),@282:298,subfield(@207:240,' ',1))

,'HAKKO','BECKHOFF','MITSUBISHI','MITSUBISH' ,'GE FANUC','GE','HENGSTLER','SCHAFFNER','REDLION'  ,'HMS','PROJECT','SECOMEA','KEB'  ,'')

,'OTHER','HAKKO','BECKHOFF','MITSUBISHI','MITSUBISHI','GE FANUC','GE FANUC','HENGSTLER','SCHAFFNER','REDLION','HMS','PROJECT','SECOMEA','KEB'  ,'') as [BRAND_],

Notice the diff is :-

BRAND_MISC hv only 7 Brand

BRAND_ hv more then 7 Brand.

So there are 2 type of Brand field.

Reasons for above 2 field name of Brand :-

when i plot sales by Brand using Table it is okay , i can view all brand sales. But for chart , sales by Brand ( Stack chart ) it is not possible to use BRAND_ , Because it will not able to view all sales , since too many small brand sales.

when i need to create list box for user filter individual brand , it is easy to create list box with BRAND_MISC since it have only 7 brand.

i need to create a list box using BRAND_ , why i am not able to use for BRAND_MISC ?

A bit confuse right ? i feel it also ... now i create a qv doc to explain.

Paul

Paul

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

Perhaps an alternatively is to restrict the number of dimensions-values to 7 and show all further values as "Other".

Within your listbox you could use a dimension-group to switch between the brand-fields.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus

See my QV doc , mine issue is not because of Other.

marcus_sommer

Sorry Paul, but the app is too complex. There are too many possibilities for a quick help from the community. I wouldn't want to maintain or further develop the app.

I suggest to simplify these app through more using from native qv-usability and/or to split in several apps.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

hI mARCUS

no issue. thank you very much.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have you considered using a crosstable?

Not applicable
Author

Hi sir

Sure I like use cross tab . Any link for me to start with case ?

Paul

Sent from Samsung Mobile

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The crosstable explanation in the Reference Manual is pretty straightforward and easy to understand

Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you very much.

Sent from Samsung Mobile