Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide rows of pivot table based on condition.

Hi All,

I have data like below

I wan to create a pivot table like below when FLAG=1. but this condition I want to use in UI level not in Script level.

(Because I have other object which needs to have total data)

Resulted - pivot: (Note: here in list box I selected 1 as Flag so that result is correct. but I don't want to do like this. by default Pivot need to be displayed like below without selecting Flag=1 in List Box)

You can check this pic in WORD file plz.

I have attached sample data and Qvw file. please help and attach the resulred qvw to the reply.

Thanks,

Kqv

6 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Use this expr

=If(Flag=1,Flag)

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

create expression if (flag=1,1,0) and suppress zero values in presentation tab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh & Anbu Chelian,

I want to use the condition on Dimensions not on Expression level.

Like I wanna write add Calc-dim, based on that only I wanna hide rows which are having 1 as FLAG and that I don't wanna show FLAG-Field in Table at all.

Can you try on this case please....

Thanks,

Kqv

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anbu Chelian,

I want to use the condition on Dimensions not on Expression level.

Like I wanna write add Calc-dim, based on that only I wanna hide rows which are having 1 as FLAG and that too I don't wanna show FLAG-Field in Table at all.

Can you try on this case please....

Thanks,

Kqv

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Kiran,

you can use if(Flag=1,Name) and suppress when value is null in the dimension.

To eliminate flag 1, use if(Flag<>1,Name) and suppress when value is null in the dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh,

if the Name-Field is having NULL values though flag=1. Then in this case we are loosing required record right.

(to get below table you can remove values of first two fields from the source-file)

In the above example we can see that Flag=1 row has Name as Null values, if we apply we will loose record(s).

So I don't wanna lost any records because having NULL values for any field(s) for FLAG=1.

Thanks,

Kqv