Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide rows of pivot table based on condition.

Hi All,

I have data like below

I wan to create a pivot table like below when FLAG=1. but this condition I want to use in UI level not in Script level.

(Because I have other object which needs to have total data)

Resulted - pivot: (Note: here in list box I selected 1 as Flag so that result is correct. but I don't want to do like this. by default Pivot need to be displayed like below without selecting Flag=1 in List Box)

You can check this pic in WORD file plz.

I have attached sample data and Qvw file. please help and attach the resulred qvw to the reply.

Thanks,

Kqv

6 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Use this expr

=If(Flag=1,Flag)

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

create expression if (flag=1,1,0) and suppress zero values in presentation tab

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh & Anbu Chelian,

I want to use the condition on Dimensions not on Expression level.

Like I wanna write add Calc-dim, based on that only I wanna hide rows which are having 1 as FLAG and that I don't wanna show FLAG-Field in Table at all.

Can you try on this case please....

Thanks,

Kqv

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anbu Chelian,

I want to use the condition on Dimensions not on Expression level.

Like I wanna write add Calc-dim, based on that only I wanna hide rows which are having 1 as FLAG and that too I don't wanna show FLAG-Field in Table at all.

Can you try on this case please....

Thanks,

Kqv

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Kiran,

you can use if(Flag=1,Name) and suppress when value is null in the dimension.

To eliminate flag 1, use if(Flag<>1,Name) and suppress when value is null in the dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh,

if the Name-Field is having NULL values though flag=1. Then in this case we are loosing required record right.

(to get below table you can remove values of first two fields from the source-file)

In the above example we can see that Flag=1 row has Name as Null values, if we apply we will loose record(s).

So I don't wanna lost any records because having NULL values for any field(s) for FLAG=1.

Thanks,

Kqv