Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.
Based on a particular selection (say when 'region' filter has 'India' as its selection), I want to make two of my charts disappear. When that selection is removed, those charts would re appear.
Is this possible to be done in qlikview (i am using version 9) ???
Go to Solution.
the ShowCondition in the chart's Layout tab will help you.
will hide the chart when region = India.Just add that to both of your charts.
Alternatively create a variable with that expression and add it to the charts.This is more clicks beforehand, but pays off in terms of maintenance.
That worked fine. Thanks for your help.
Can you kindly explain the second method also. I am a beginer in qlikview and I haven't created variables before. It'd be great if you can guide me step by step to do this altranate method.
* goto Settings, Variable Overview
* Press Add --> add the variable name: ShowCond
* Select the new variable in the list, and add the definition: =only(region)<>'India'
* Press OK to close the var. list
* in your charts go the show condition
* replace the expression with the variable: $(ShowCond)
Thanks Thilo ...
That was really informative in creating a variable and using it.
Thanks a lot for the help.