Creator III
Creator III

How to make rank() works in a text field

I have a table that shows informations for a client like this:

Client     John Denver

Rank               5

Sales          $5,500

Growth          35%

But I need to put this infornation separetelly. So each one will be in a text field.

The problem is that the second line where I have the Rank information, it does not worl as Rank is made to work only in tables.

How can I show this rank information please?

The expression is this:

=rank(sum({1<[Reporting Calendar Year]={'$(vSelectedYear)'},[Reporting Calendar Quarter]={'$(vSelectedQuarter)'},[Client]={'$(vSelectedClient)'}>} $(vCurrency))) * avg(1)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This worked:

=Aggr(Rank(Sum({1<[Reporting Calendar Year]={'$(vSelectedYear)'},[Reporting Calendar Quarter]={'$(vSelectedQuarter)'}>} $(vCurrency))) * Avg(1), [Broker Group Name])

View solution in original post

18 Replies
sunny_talwar

You will need to use Aggr() function here:

Aggr(Rank(Sum({1<[Reporting Calendar Year]={'$(vSelectedYear)'},[Reporting Calendar Quarter]={'$(vSelectedQuarter)'},[Client]={'$(vSelectedClient)'}>} $(vCurrency))), DimensionsFromChart)

DimensionFromChart is a placeholder and you need to replace it with the dimensions from your char where you have previously calculated your Rank for each client.

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My original chart has only one dimension that is Client. I put this dimension but I continue seeing 1 as rank answer don´t matter wich Client I choose:

This is the new expression:

=Aggr(rank(sum({1<[Reporting Calendar Year]={'$(vSelectedYear)'},[Reporting Calendar Quarter]={'$(vSelectedQuarter)'},[Broker Group Name]={'$(vSelectedBroker)'}>} $(vCurrency))), [Broker Group Name])

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where this isn't working

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Robson,

Try

=rank(Aggr(sum({1<[Reporting Calendar Year]={'$(vSelectedYear)'},[Reporting Calendar Quarter]={'$(vSelectedQuarter)'},[Broker Group Name]={'$(vSelectedBroker)'}>} $(vCurrency)),Client))

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

sorry, it continues bringing me 1 as result

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I´ll build one and send in some minutes. thank you

sunny_talwar

Sounds good

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

here it is.

On the left there is the new information. See that Rank is always 1.

On the right the information in a table. Rank works there.

You only need to choose a broker

sunny_talwar

This worked:

=Aggr(Rank(Sum({1<[Reporting Calendar Year]={'$(vSelectedYear)'},[Reporting Calendar Quarter]={'$(vSelectedQuarter)'}>} $(vCurrency))) * Avg(1), [Broker Group Name])