Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open sub qvw file from main qvw file in accesspoint ?

Hi All,

Please help me to resolve below issues.

QV Version- QV 11.20 EE

AccessPoint login type - Custom

Requirement:

When i login accesspoint using username pkkm it should show only enterprise.qvw file. enterprise.qvw file have two buttons one is to open qvw file called inpatient.qvw and another one is to open outpatient.qvw file, these files should not show in accesspoint but should open when i click on the button in enterprise.qvw file.

I have given necessary coding to open and its opening in qv desktop but i am facing below problems after deploying it in server.

I have provided access to user pkkm to access enterprise.qvw file but showing permission issue when i try to open outpatient/inpatiend qvw files through enterprise.qvw.

I am able to view all the files (enterprise,inpatient and outpatient) in accesspoint after giving access to pkkm for accessing inpatient&outpatient, but i don't want to show these files (other than enterprise.qvw) in accesspoint.

Also when i close file using close button in IE, it's not showing anything other than a 'restore' button.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Rob,

I found one good way of hiding files. Set the attribute of the qvw file to hide.

Right Click the desired file -> General Tab -> Attributes: Hidden ( check the check box)

This solved my probem. Let me know if you find any drawback in this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Showing the Restore button is the standard behavior of the Ajax clent. If you want to get back to AccessPoint, use the browser back button.

For your document chaining scenario, the user requires access to the inpatient & outpatient qvws so I don't think you can hide them from AP. Here's a couple of potential workarounds.

1. Put the URL to open enterprise.qvw on another web page. That is, don't use the AP.

2. Put the outpatient/inpatient qvws in another category. Have the use fiter by category on the AP so they only see the enterprise.qvw.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

First option is not possible as we have so many other main qvw files need to display.

I am half minded on 2nd option but forced to opt till i get another possible solution.

Not applicable
Author

Rob,

I found one good way of hiding files. Set the attribute of the qvw file to hide.

Right Click the desired file -> General Tab -> Attributes: Hidden ( check the check box)

This solved my probem. Let me know if you find any drawback in this.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great solution! The only potential drawback I can think of is that scanning tools -- such as the Qlikview Governance Dashboard -- may not scan these files.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Rob,

Could you please me to resolve the below problem.

Please click here

http://community.qlik.com/message/316550#316550