Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to plot full value even i filter certain data.

Hi All

When i filter brand = BEC

How can i prevent my line chart not affected ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

check out my suggestion.

Greetings

Roland

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All

I mean how to modify the expression , so that it will ignore user selection. Just like SET analysis , even i select month = jan , it will still display all date sales.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Detach, If you want the chart to not change at all. (Right click on chart and Detach)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sir

Any other alternative , as your suggestion is not suitable for me.

Paul

Nicole-Smith

Your original expression:

money(

sum({$<year = {">=$(=max(year),4)"}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>}$(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

You can ignore selections in specific fields by adding them into the set analysis with just Field= (see Brand below):

money(

sum({$<year = {">=$(=max(year),4)"}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}, Brand=>}$(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

You can ignore all selections by using a 1 in the set analysis instead of the $:

money(

sum({1<year = {">=$(=max(year),4)"}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>}$(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

You can also ignore all selections by giving the chart a different alternate state than the rest of the document.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

check out my suggestion.

Greetings

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sir

Now i like to learn from you how to add one more field in the expression. So that when user click on GROUP_CLASS field label , it will not affect the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

normally this (new)  part of SET Analysis of your expression would do the job:

. . . .  $<BRAND_ =, GROUP_CLASS=,  . . ..

But as you can see, for some reasons month is undefined for GROUP_CLASS= "G". So when your user selects "G" the expression becomes undefined (see arrow) and the chart has nothing to calculate.

Good Night

Roland