Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to print a whole dashboard?

Hi,

Does anyone know how we can easily print the whole dashboard including all the selections rather than every single chart?

1. I suggested my customers to use a screenshot tool which supports scrolling (capture the whole page), but they don't like it.

2. I tried to use browser's print option, not working properly.

Does QlikView has any build-in function to allow us to print the whole dashboard or save it as a PDF?

Thanks!

Allen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Allen,

From the screenshot you have provided, I can say that you are using AJAX to display your application to users.

And as of now, there is no resolution/work around to print a sheet while using AJAX.

Here is a thread you may find useful, also you can find many other threads citing the same issue as yours.

http://community.qlik.com/message/141190

So, the only way I can suggest as of now is to use IE plug in instead of AJAX.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Allen,

First, they can "Print Sheet" - on a right click on sheet background on under File menu.

Second, see "Report" menu.  You can create a printable report, and include many objects there, even from the different sheets, including hidden sheets.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for the fast response. I tried the ways you provided and found it only works in the QlikView development environment. Customers are using the dashboard in the browser and don't have these options.

1. In the browser, when I right click, this is the list I get:

1.bmp

2. The top menu I have in the browser looks like this:

2.bmp

I couldn't find a "Print Sheet" option to allow customers to print the whole dashboard. Any ideas?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Allen

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Hi,

There are two ways to do so one is to create a report and print it

and the other is to print the sheet

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Hi ,

Sometimes issues come with the browser which one you are using.

Even check for the printer you have selected in the PRINT SHEET action .

Not applicable
Author

Hi Allen,

From the screenshot you have provided, I can say that you are using AJAX to display your application to users.

And as of now, there is no resolution/work around to print a sheet while using AJAX.

Here is a thread you may find useful, also you can find many other threads citing the same issue as yours.

http://community.qlik.com/message/141190

So, the only way I can suggest as of now is to use IE plug in instead of AJAX.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot! I think you are right!

BTW there is a free screenshot software called DuckCapture which supports scrolling and capture the whole webpage.

If anyone got the same issue, please try this. I personally think it's very good but my customer doesn't like it...:(

Nicole-Smith

You can use the Screen Grab Document Extension for Printing Extensions

This is for AJAX environments, but you need to be running QV11+.

c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

We use the report option, and created a 'muilti-page' page type, as this is specifically designed for long tables (it continues the table onto multiple pages).