Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to restrict values with in a dimension

I use a straight table to display my data, I need to implement a where condition, like

This is my table

Col1 Col2 value

A      x      1

B      y       2,

Now i need to implement a where condition using qlikview scripts.

Any ideas will help me much.

Thanks,

Praveen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please Tick the option in dimension tab "Suppress when the value is null" as done in Image attached.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What exactly do you want? Could you be more specific?

Not applicable
Author

hi,

u can implement the where clause in backend, and if u want to implement some dondition to filter ur value in chart then u can do it in chart expression like u can write in expression defination

sum(if(Value>1,Value)) or any other expression.

even u can ristruct ur dimensions by adding the condition in Dimension>> Add calculated Dimensions.

I can help better if u can tell what condition u want to implement to ristrict value or

on what basis u want to ristrict the values.

Not applicable
Author

My requirement is simple, I need to restrict values in one of the dimension i use for the straight table object.

For eg,

In the above table as i mentioned,

Show only where col1 = A and dont show the remaining, as exactly as like a where condition in a db.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

U can write the condition in Dimension>>Add Calculated Dimension and write thr if(Col1='A',Col1).And put this dimension as the first Dimension in ur chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi pratibha,

I tried the same and i get the results like,

Col1 Col2 value

A      x      1

-      y       2,

I wanted to restrict the other rows and i need to display only this row.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please Tick the option in dimension tab "Suppress when the value is null" as done in Image attached.

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

add a calculated dimension then "if(not IsNull(Col1),Col1)"

I hope this help