cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to scale all expressions into 1 to 10 scale on Y - axis

Hi All ,

I have this bit different requirement from my client :

I am calculating monthwise Sales , Qty , Avg bill Value , Avg product per bill and showing it as a line chart separately .

Now client's requirement is to see all in one chart and that to on scale of 1 to 10 .

In simple way minimum of all expressions (i.e. sales , Qty , Avg bill value, Avg products per bill)  has to be considered 1 , while maximum of all expressions has to be considered 10 . Now all values of all expressions lies between 1 to 10 & then it needs to show case as a line chart .

Looking for help here ASAP .

Thanks

15 Replies
cjohnson
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

moderated2.png

minmaxcalc.png

To get the above add Month as a dimension and change variables to add Month in the aggr function..

cjohnson
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Bhushan,

I've made some final modifications to the concept I've been describing (attached).

There is a chart that calculates the min/max value over the entire timeframe selected.

And there is another chart that calculates the min/max value for each month to determine the scale.

charts.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Camile

Not applicable
Author

Hi Camile ,

I am just working on the suggestion provided by you .

For me there is no Customers , as all my calculations are no monthly . So i m just remving customers from your equation.

My final outcome is line chart of all my expressions within 1 to 10 for last 15 months ....

I m still struggling in getting functional value by teh logic u given * i.e. max & min ).. so debugging the same .

cjohnson
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

So from the example above you should just be able to switch Member with Month for the variable values....

Just use the first attachment I put together (only by Member) and switch the variable from Member to Month (and switch the dimension from Member to Month as well).

cjohnson
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Bhushan,

I'm glad it was able to work.

I'm not sure if you can change it or not -- but can you instead mark the answer with the attachment as correct as I think it will be more useful for people trying to find/use a working example.

Thanks,

Camile

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a zillion Camile J ,

It works for me .... !!!!!

really appreciating power of Community ..