Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set expression in Drilldown?

Hi,

I created drilldown  in my qvw.I wrote  expression like this GetCurrentField(NewGroup)='ID','Monthname','Date') but It expression show  error in my edit expression box.I do not know how to  solve error in expression.Pleasse tell me out how  to write condition in driil down chart in qlikvieew.

thank you

Regards:

Madhu

11 Replies
MarcoWedel

Can you describe what this condition is supposed to do?

regards

Marco

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you explain more your situation and requeriments?

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Madhu,

you will always get an error in the edit expression box, when using GetCurrentField(...). This is a mistake of QV. You can ignore that. No problem.

Regards

Burkhard

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If(GetCurrentField(NewGroup)='ID','Monthname','Date'))

You need to use If statement like above, can you explain bit more what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure what you after either, But it made me think about doing something like this :

=if (  GetFieldSelections ( Dim1) = 'A' , 'Dim2' , 'Dim3' )

So that the lower drill dimension depends on what DimA you select.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

actually I Take dimiensions i.eProduct,Quantity,Price) after I grouped all this dimensions then after I wrote Expression

like this GetCurrentField(NewGroup_Pro)='Product','Qty','Price') for Drill down but it is not work .Itcondition show error in expression box.tell me out how to solve this problem.

thank you

Regards:

Madhu

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

actually I Take dimiensions i.eProduct,Quantity,Price) after I grouped all this dimensions then after I wrote Expression

like this GetCurrentField(NewGroup_Pro)='Product','Qty','Price') for Drill down but it is not work .Itcondition show error in expression box.tell me out how to solve this problem.

thank you

Regards:

Madhu

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

thank you

Regards:

Madhu

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi

how can you take Quantity and Price as Dimensions

Let us know what exactly your requirement ,

what is there in Newgroup_Pro ..

Thanks

Sasi