Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set gauge limits based on row?

Here's a sample table:

GamePlayerPoints
1Michael Jordan27
1Larry Bird31
2Michael Jordan42
2Larry Bird21
3Michael Jordan35
3Larry Bird25

I have Michael Jordan and Larry Bird in a straight table that has a column for their name, and a column for a gauge on the average amount of points. 

I want a gauge for each player.

I want the gaugages for each player to be segmented with the limits of 0, min(Points), max(Points).

However, the problem is, it's choosing the min and max values for BOTH players so the min and max for BOTh is 21 and 42.  I want it to be 27 and 42 for Michael Jordan, 21 and 31 for Larry Bird.

Any ideas on how I can write this expression so it finds the minimum based on Player and not the entire data set? 

3 Replies
jykang0638
Partner - Contributor III

You can achieve your goal using set analysis.
For Michael Jordan, Min({<Player={'Michael Jordan'}>} Points), Max({<Player={'Michael Jordan'}>} Points)
For Larry Bird, Min({<Player={'Larry Bird'}>} Points), Max({<Player={'Larry Bird'}>} Points)

Set Analysis is very powerful. Refer to reference manual.

I hope it helps you.

Steve Kang.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, is there a way to do this without having to identify the Player in the expression?

My data set is actually thousands of players, and I am attempting to do this in table format rather than creating a separate gauge for each individual player.  Thank you for the assistance.

jykang0638

Oh, I see.
If you add Player as dimension with other fields, you can use TOTAL keyword in your expression.
Like this: Min(TOTAL <Player> Points)
It's similar to group by clause in SQL.
If you can, refer attached qvw.

Steve Kang.