Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show all dimension values in straight table after selecting one?

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help me with the following challenge:

I have:

A straight table, based on just 1 dimension (KPI) with several expressions (actual, target, etc).

A bar chart, which shows the expression values if a KPI is selected in the table.

When I click on one of the KPIs in the table, the specific KPI will be selected and only the values of that specific KPI will be shown in the table.

How can I prevent this, i.e. can I make sure that the other KPIs are still shown in the table, when I click on one of them?

Enabling 'read-only' in the table won't do the job, as I need the KPIs to be clickable, so I can still select one to display in the bar chart.

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards and thanks!

Hank

10 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Just check "Show all values" at dimentions tab

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use set analysis expressions. Suppose you have an expression sum(target). The expression you want to ignore selections would be sum({1} target). To disregard only selections in field KPI it would be sum({<KPI>} target).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help guys,

However:

'Show all values' will disregard other selections made (KPI is a subdimension of Company), so that won't work.

sum({<KPI>} target) won't work either, as the expressions in the table (using avg or sum) have to be made for each KPI and shouldn't disregard that.

I think it's more of a presentation-thing-> calculation based on the selections (i.e. KPI), but showing all (KPIs).

Anyone?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You've lost me. It's totally unclear what you want. See attached example. Is that anywhere close to what you want?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

The thing is, when I click on 'England' in your table, only the regions 'England' will be shown in the table.

I.e. it acts like a filter.

But I would like the other regions to stay visible (and have region not act as filter in the table), so that you still have the overview in the table, while the bar chart changes according to the selected/clicked region.

You get what I mean?

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,

Hank

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change the expression for 'Sales all Products' from sum({<Product>} Sales) to sum({<Product,Region>} Sales) and now it ignores selections for field Region too. And if you want to ignore it in Sales Selected Product, you add it there too. Repeat for any field the selections of which you want to ignore.

And I still have no clue what you actually want. Try creating a straight table with your KPI dimension and your expressions. Make sure nothing is selected and check the Detached option on the General tab of the properties screen. Now select something. Nothing will change in your new straight table. Is that what you want? If you have QV11 you can also use an alternate state to achieve the same thing. The advantage of that is that a reload will re-attach a chart, while alternate states persist.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry for being so vague about this, but I'm really struggling with the description of my problem (perhaps there's already a solution and am I just using the wrong words searching for it).

Anyhow, another attempt:

I want the non-selected KPIs to stay visible in the table, after selecting one of them.

Like in a selection box, where you can still see the unrelated data (in grey), next to the selected data (in green) and the associated data (white).

e.g. a straight table with 1 dimension KPI and 2 expressions Sum and Avg:

KPISumAvg
Revenue2020
Cost1010
GM1010

When I click on a KPI (e.g. revenue) -> the other KPIs (Cost and GM) and their expression values will disappear, but I need them to stay visible!

All KPIs in the table should be clickable, as they function as a filter for a bar chart.

Hopefully it's clear now.

Regards,

Hank

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think I get it now. If you're using QV11 create an alternate state and assign the new state to the table.  Leave the chart as it is.

Or
MVP
MVP

You might be able to use the following technique: http://qvdesign.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/different-ways-to-interact-display-information-with-bar-cha...

If you are using QV11, you could also achieve this with alternate states. There's a sample QVW located at http://eu.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Alternate%20States%20-%20Brushing%20Demo.qvw

Both of these samples are based on graphs, but you should be able to use them in tables, I think. If neither option is applicable for you, you could try using an island table (one not connected to anything else), in the same vein as is used for master calendar. See the comments section of the following article for details: http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/16/the-master-calendar#comment-5953 - or just search for "Master calendar" on this forum.