Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to show the name of the dimension in subtotal field?

Hi,

I want to show the name of the dimension in the subtotal line

GroupcolourSum (value)
ablue200
red100
Subtotal  a300
byellow500
Subtotal b500
cblack300
magenta240
Subtotal c540
Total1340

is there any way to do it?

thanks

bumin

3 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have been working on this for you, and have not come up with an answer.  However, I did find this previous post:  http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2386

Also, if you have a selection, =GetFieldSelections(FieldName) will produce the desired effect, but you have to have a selection made.  You put this formula in the Presentation tab of the Chart properties, in the Labels for Totals formula box.  You use the field name that is one level above the desired totals column.  So, if you have Regions, then state in a pivot table, you put this formula in the State dimension, and it will populate the Region, when a region is selected.

It isn't a real great solution, but maybe this will inspire someone else to post a better, or correct solution, maybe something with Set Analysis?

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I am too looking for a way to do this, did you ever find a solution?

thanks,

Göran

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Have you tried playing around with Indent mode (on the Style tab)? It will do most of what you need if you set up the dimensions vertical and horizontal alignment correctly.

One caution - if you need to change the partial totals, you will need to turn off indent mode, change the partial totals and re-enable partial totals, because for some strange reason, the partial totals options are grayed out when indent mode is on.

HTH
Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein