Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use conditional view with getfieldselections based on multiple selection in a list box

How can we create individual Pie Chart with each combination of Dimension and Measures selected from a list box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi John,

See attached, based on the ad hoc, just done for the company Dimension

Andy

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

for dimensions you can use a variable and a listbox

e.g. I defined an Inline table

Dimension:

load * Inline [

Dimension

Dim1

Dim2

];

Next I define a varieble vDimension with the =GetFieldSelections(Dimension)

Now you Show a listbox with  the field "Dimension"

In Cour Chart you define a calculated Dimension =$(vDimension)

With Measure I tried something similiar but could not succeed right now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the same for measures

Measure:
load * Inline [
Measure
Val1
Val2
]
;

Variable vMeasure with =GetFieldSelections(Measure)

listbox with field Measure

Expression: sum($(vMeasure))

In my small test it worked well

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Rudolf for your quick reply....tat works fine....jus one addition.

Attached a sample QVW....all I want to do is Display multiple charts based on the selection made in the list box....

eg:

Step1

If I select 'Item Code' from Available Dimension List Box and 'Amount of transactions' from Available Measures List Box it will show the respective Pie Chart

Step2

With above selection made,If I select 'Location Code' from Available Dimension List Box and 'Amount of transactions' from Available Measures List Box it will show second Pie Chart with respective selection made in the second step

Step3

With above 2 selection made,If I select 'Location Code' from Available Dimension List Box and '# of Transactions' from Available Measures List Box it will show third Pie Chart with respective selection made in the third step.

Ideally all the individual charts will have always one Dimension and one expression.

Any thoughts!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

for my understanding:

do you want 3 pie Charts in parallel all of them with own Dimension and measure?

if this is the case you Need 3 inline Dimension and measure tables

otherwise please clarify.

I donot see your attached sample qvw

Not applicable
Author

Yes I need three Pie Charts....can we use conditional view based on the selection in the Dimension List box?

I dint get how we can do it from three inline loads,could you please throw some light?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi John,

have you https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5404had a look at the following post on Ad-hoc Reporting?

Cheers

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Yes Andrew....that is applicable to a single chart,here my challenge is to create individual pie charts with the selection made in the list box....each pie chart will have one dimension and one measure

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Sounds do-able, but fiddly, I guess you are going to have to have create 9 separate charts one for each dimension / expression combo and use conditional shows everywhere!

Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

See the Ad-hoc blog for how these are used

Andy