Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.
We have a requirement to test QlikView dashboard from IPAD.
Did anyone use a simulator for doing this? If yes could I have the download link.
I understand the simulator would enable us to install an application on our desktop that will virtually have the iOS and the same look and feel.
Even though exist some websites for that, the results aren't close to what it really shows and feels to view an QV on the iPad.
So I recommend you to use a real iPad for this .
If you need some advice on designing best practices for iPad, you can check this blog post by Michael Anthony.
Just a quick guide, I would recommend you:
- Minimun font size 9-10 pt for listboxes and 9 for charts.
- Show axis and grid for Y label or if not, show values on data points (due to there is no Hover event using a touch device).
- Max width of 1024px, max height of 560 to 590px depending on the bars of the browser used and if the bookmarks bar is showed.
- Be careful, some objects are not easy to use when using a touch device (sliders, calendar object).
- Use the search object to save real state space and avoid using too many listboxes. You can use a pop-up to show more filters (listboxes).
Hope it helps.
Use this one:
Electric Plum - Power for the Mobile Web
There is a complete Free Trial version and it is actually pretty cheap if you would like to buy it.
Does anyone have more inputs on this please?