Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore Values in Time Series Chart

Hi,

I have a time series chart that uses date values formatted as year + week number (yyyyww), but my chart is including week numbers between 53 and 99 (which obviously don't exist) and shows huge gaps in my data as a result.  Is there a way to automatically skip over these values and go straight from week 52 of one year to week 1 of the following year?

I've tried various dimension limits but with no success.  Any help is much appreciated!

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try creating the year-week field as: dual(weekyear(MyDate)&week(MyDate),weekstart(MyDate)). That should get rid of the weird week values

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help, Gysbert!  I gave it a shot but had the same issue, it's still returning the same week numbers. 

If I uncheck 'Continuous' in Properties->Axes then those values go away, but then the chart doesn't fit in a single window (it requires scrolling be enabled).  With 'Continuous' checked it behaves the way I was looking for (everything fits in the window regardless of how big the object is) but then it returns those values.

The alternative is to uncheck continuous and expand the chart size.  Not ideal, but can't find any other way to exclude those values.