Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In compound chart (multiple lines+bars), how to get bars to group and NOT stack

I have a Qlikview chart (sample attached) with 1 date dimension and 2 pairs of expressions (for a total of 4 expressions).  For each pair of expressions, the first expression is a value and the second expression is the change in value from the previous period.  The first expression is shown as a line; the second as a bar.  Since there are two pairs of these expressions, the chart has 2 lines and 2 sets of bars.  The problem is that the bars should be grouped, not stacked.  In the chart properties, I've selected the "Grouped" radio button in the Style tab.  Curiously, when I select only 1 date, the two bars are not grouped, but rendered as two separate bars, each zero-based, as they should be.  (I'm using QV 11.20 SR12.)

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance...

2016-07-25_10-52-52.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Remove Continuous from Axes tab of chart properties and uncheck continuous option in Dimension axis and see if it works?

Thanks,
V.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Remove Continuous from Axes tab of chart properties and uncheck continuous option in Dimension axis and see if it works?

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable
Author

SImply unchecking the "Continuous" checkbox in the Axes tab, fixed the bug.  Thank you!!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Oh Good, I am glad it worked for you.