cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incremental Load - Most Recent QVDs - Trending

Hello all,

I am trying to create some charts that show trending over time.

The way I currently have my file setup is that each week a new file is generated, this file is a snapshot in time of the data. I have my script convert the file to a QVD and store it into a folder. It then reloads the QVD and uses this for all of the current-week dashboards. However, I also have a trending dashboard that I've created, which goes through and loads the past weeks data to use for trending. These files are optomized QVDs and only have the necessary information, however, they are still fairly large files and as each week goes by more and more of them are being loaded. I really only want to load about 6 of them and I have them named in the following convention: 'XXXX_20110530.qvd'.

Is there a way that I can only load the most recent 6 or so qvds that I have stored?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

- Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is an example.

Make sure that you change the path in script of the application.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is an example.

Make sure that you change the path in script of the application.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is great and it worked after just a small amount of tweaking. Thanks!