Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indent Mode does not display higher dimensions properly when collapsed

Hi

If you have a pivot table with multiple dimensions but only one expression, and use Indent mode, when the higher dimensions are collapsed, they are no longer displayed fully, even though the space is available. See the first pic (date has been pivoted, one expression):

t2.png

If you expand any one of the second level dimensions, then they display fully. But initially I need to display it at this level, and this is ugly.

If I add a second expression, everything works as it should. See the second pic:

t1.png

Has anyone got suggestions on how to get the full text of the second dimension to display with only a single expression in the picot?

I have resorted to a dummy expression (returning an empty string: = '') and hiding the vertical separator lines, but this causes a problem if exported to Excel.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
10 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Jonathan Dienst wrote:

John Witherspoon wrote:

I believe I typically leave no room for the legend for the dimension at the top, which gives me the space to expand out the final dimension to give room, but that shouldn't be necessary, of course.

I am afraid I don't understand this. Could you elaborate a little please.

Now that I'm looking at the QVW, I can see that you're already doing what I was talking about.  In your example, your ReportDate dimension has no label, and has no room for a label - that's what I usually do.  If you expand all your dimensions, the blank space for that dimension's "label" takes up maybe half a centimeter on my monitor.  You can technically shrink it even further by using a one-time macro to set the width, but there's not much to be gained here AND it doesn't seem to be related to the problem in this case anyway.  So never mind.