Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Insert a new column in script

Hi all,

I have input a table with columns UWYear, DevQuarters and DevP. I've also had a main data table with UWYear and DevQuarters after CrossTable. My question is how I can insert the DevP into the main data table, please? (DevP is constrained by both UWYear and DevQuarters.)

Many thanks,

Grace

4 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post sample data of both tables

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like:

Final:

Load

UWYear,

DevQuarters,

DevP

From <>;

Right Join

Load

UWYear,

DevQuarters

From <Maintable>;

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

Please find attached the sample. For both Development and Data tabs, I've done CrossTable function to them in Qlikview script so that we have UWYear as one field, and then DevelopmentQuarters (2006Q1, 2006Q2, 2006Q3, etc) as another field so that I have the contents in Development tab as field A(DevelopmentP) and the contents in Data tab as field B(Data). I'm aiming for creating a final table having four fields, UWYear, DevelopmentQuarters, DevelopmentP and Data for use.

Thanks,

Grace

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution could be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_131237_Pic1.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_131237_Pic2.JPG.jpg

tabFinal:

CrossTable (DevelopmentQuartersTxt, DevelopmentP)

LOAD *

FROM [http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/597887-122450/DevelopmentSample.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Development);

tabTemp:

CrossTable (DevelopmentQuartersTxt, Data)

LOAD *

FROM [http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/597887-122450/DevelopmentSample.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Data);

Join (tabFinal) LOAD * Resident tabTemp;

DROP Table tabTemp;

Left Join (tabFinal)

LOAD Distinct

DevelopmentQuartersTxt,

Dual(DevelopmentQuartersTxt, MakeDate(Left(DevelopmentQuartersTxt,4),Right(DevelopmentQuartersTxt,1)*3-2,1)) as DevelopmentQuarters

Resident tabFinal;

hope this helps

regards

Marco