Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Announcements
Register for Events and Webinars directly from Qlik Community: http://bit.ly/2Vpnenx
Not applicable

Insert extra symbols into a grid chart

Hi experts,

I've the application in annex that shows the route of some individuals.My question is: Is possible to insert extra imagens/symbols into a Grid Chart? Something like this:

Capture.PNG
Where A is the beginning of the route and B the end.

In this case I'm using two imagens in front of the chart, but this isn't a solution because I need to ensure that these two points come with the beginning and end of the road automatically.

Anyone knows if I can do this?
Thanks!

8 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Insert extra symbols into a grid chart

I think you posted the wrong qlikview document. I don't see how one can extract a route from the data in that document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your response

The qvw is just a example of the grid chart. In my real qlikview document I've an image (like a map) inside the chart and then I can see the route based on the direction of the lines and the points. What I'm trying to do is put external images inside the symbols to mark the begining and the end.

Thanks!

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

You qvw does not contain a grid chart. It only contains a script that can load two small tables. I have no idea how that document should make clear what you want.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Can you see the chart in this?

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I see it, but I don't understand it at all. You add a totally arbitrary dimension to it so it shows a line. What meaning does that have?

Highlighted
luciancotea
Valued Contributor

No, you can't add custom images to grid chart. Maybe there's an extension that does.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Each point represents a house, and the line the path that pearson do ordering by column 'Order_entry'

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Lucian

And do you know if it is possible to define a different colour to symbols and another for the lines?

Thanks!