Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with List Box Selection

Hi,

I am going mad with this really silly issue I am having with the listbox selection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 listbox.

One with geography hierarchy ( Global--Region---Area---Country) and I have another one which lists the measures.

The measures are specific to geograhy levels. That is I have Global Measures, Region Measures, Area Measures etc.

When I select a certain Region, I should get Region specific measures and so on.

If nothing is selected it should show Global Measures.

This I have done it using the following in the expression in Measure listbox and it works fine based on what I select in Geography Listbox.

= if(GetSelectedCount(Country) > 0, if(wildmatch([Measure Name],'*Country*'),[Measure Name]),

if(GetSelectedCount(Area) > 0, if(WildMatch([Measure Name],'*Area*'),[Measure Name]),

if(GetSelectedCount(Region) > 0, if(WildMatch([Measure Name],'*Region*'),[Measure Name]),

if(GetSelectedCount(Region)= 0 and GetSelectedCount(Area)=0 and GetSelectedCount(Country)= 0, if(WildMatch([Measure Name], '*Global*'),[Measure Name],Null())))))

Issue:

If I select say Region = Africa I get the Region specific measures in the other listbox. But when I select a Region measure it takes the current selection for all Regions. That is for Ex: Region = Africa, America, Asia etc in the current selections. The original selection for Region =Africa is gone.

I dont understand why this is happening?

Is there a way to make sure that the selections made in the geography listbox stays as it is even after selection of the measure?

Please help.

Regards,

Dhiraj

0 Replies