Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with line plotting for bar chart with line across two dimensions

I have chart with a stacked bar chart and a line chart plotted on different axes. I'm using both a month and year dimension. When I have the dimensions leveled as Month above Year then there are no problems with how the chart computes. However, when I switch the dimension order to Year above Month (which is my desired order) then the stacked bar chart plots correctly but the line chart does not plot correctly. For some reason the line chart takes all of the monthly values over a year and plots them vertically in the middle of the year. It does this for each year.  I have no idea what is causing this...

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can't you use one dimension "Month-Year"?  E.g. Jan-2001, Feb-2001,...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can't you use one dimension "Month-Year"?  E.g. Jan-2001, Feb-2001,...

Not applicable
Author

Yeah,  that's a good solution. Still wonder what was going on before, but who cares I suppose.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

...but who cares I suppose.

A sort of.

In this situation (combo chart with bar and line), all monthly results are shown in the Year point.  Don't ask me why, but if you disable bar expression and keep only one line expression, the months appear in the legend - the whole picture makes some sense.  Not the one you want though.

Not applicable
Author

I had similar issue I couldnt resolve it, but I had a drill group, when I drill down to the next level the values are spread across

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure, if you never need to go across the years (e.g. from July 2012 to Feb 2013), drill-down is a good solution.