Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Label for Totals Expressions in Pivot Table

Hi All,

Please see the attached screenshot below for the pivot table in question.

error loading image

I'd like to add labels at each level instead of the 'Total' currently shown.

The total for the Account column should show the NetAssetGroup, likewise the total line under the Activity column should show the Account group. I've tried various formula, only succeeding when selections are made.

The text should display when no selections are made.

Thanks in advance.

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If i would of understood your question properly and if you want the output which is in the attached image.

Then right click on the object and Property -- > Presentation --> Dimensions & Expression and choose the dimension which you want to Lable and give your labe in Label for totals.

This should help you.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar,

Unfortunately it's not that simple, sorry I hadn't made it clear.

See how in the attached picture I have given the name of the parent group to the Total Label on the Partial Sum rows.

This is what I want to achieve on my Qv pivot table.

kji
Employee
Employee

This is currently not possible to achieve since the formula for the total label is calculated on the current selection state and not iterated over the chart dimensions (ie you get the same thing you would get if you put that formula in a text object).

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

As an alternative that is similar to what you want, have you tried selecting Indent Mode on the Style tab? That then displays the totals on the same line as "Assets" and so on, making it perhaps more clear what the totals are referring to, even if they aren't laid out exactly like you've asked for. You can select whether you want those totals at the top or bottom as well.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Johan and John.

I'll present the indent option as an alternative.

Not applicable
Author

This can be possible, please refer the attachment you will get some idea.

Valan

mkl
Employee
Employee

Hi Johan,

I read this comment You have done last summer concerning the label for totals in pivot tables. I have similar case in one customer at Finland to solve

but we haven't either find a solution to generate dimension values to label for columns in software current version. Do You have any further information concerning this issue?

Kind regards,

Mikko Kuusela

QlikTech Finland

Not applicable
Author

Has any one worked out a solution to this problem?

Not applicable
Author

Is there any resolution to this problem?