Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Latitud and longitud are always 0

hello,

I'm trying to implement locations in a map. I copied an object from an example but when i put my data in it comes out that longitude and latitude are always 0 after aplying the formula.

=sum( round (256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+( Longitude  *((256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) )

=sum( 

((256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((Latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((Latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/(2*pi()))))

)

As you could see in the image.... all my locations appear in the down left corner because of the zero values

thanks in advanced

Tags (1)
9 Replies
jvitantonio
Valued Contributor III

Re: Latitud and longitud are always 0

Hi, did yu check ALL the settings in the chart? The formulas seem to be ok. Are you sure are you using the correct formula in the Image? (Properties --> Color-->Dynamic Image). This is the formula I have:

='http://maps.google.com/staticmap?center='&Replace(var_mid_lat,',','.')&','&Replace(var_mid_long,',',...'

Not applicable

Yes i checked out all of them and I can not see the error.

The formula i use for the dynamic image is :

='http://maps.google.com/staticmap?center='  &  num(var_mid_lat, '##############', '.', ',' )   &  ','  &  num(var_mid_long, '##############', '.', ',' )   &  '&zoom=$(var_zoom)'  &  '&maptype='&var_maptype  &  '&size='&map_size_x&'x'&map_size_y  &  '&key='&gmap_key & '&.jpg'

jvitantonio
Valued Contributor III

Well, mine is different than yours.Why don't you give it a try? Also make sure you check your google key.

Not applicable

Of course i tried yours too ... but it doesnt work neither.

I downloaded the example :

http://eu.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Retail%20Banking%20Sales%20and%20Customer%20Targeting.qv...

Here i copied the object (map) i'm trying to integrate to my project

Not applicable

... and as I read, it seems that the google key is no longer needed, isn't it?

jvitantonio
Valued Contributor III

Ok, are you sure your dimension (with the coordinates) is well linked? make sure the values in your dimension is also in your fact table. Otherwise, please attach your example with a few rows of example so I can work on it...

Thanks

Not applicable

here your are .... I attached the example

jvitantonio
Valued Contributor III

You know it's weird. I try to use my map (that works) with your data and my configuration but I'm having the same problem as you do. I also add more value that I know they should work, but nothing. I don't know what to say. Did you refer to the

White Paper:

How QlikTech uses QlikView – Google Maps??

Not applicable

wow....amazing.

Could you send me your example that works please?

I will have a look on the doc you mention too ...

Community Browser