Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Launch PDF from iPad

Hello,

I am trying to launch a PDF document from an iPad through a button Action "Open URL".

I did notice that Ajax runs the following URL while opening a qvw:

http://<server>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=<path>/<documentname>.qvw&host=Local

I tried replacing the <documentname>.qvw to <documentname>.pdf. I have the pdf saved by the same name under the same folder as the qvw.

It is still unable to launch the document.

What would I be missing?

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You might have better luck posting your question to an iPad forum.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I'm also suffering from same problem can you please help me how to open the URL's by button click.

Greatly appreciated for your response.

Regards,

Venkat

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This will not work. It will only allow QVW to be open. If you want to do PDF you will need to setup another virtual folder in IIS and point the users to that location.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Does it also cannot open simple url like "www.google.com" in "Open URL" action using button in IPAD ?

Thanks in advance.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have not tested that, but think if you have an URL in the QVW and it works in AJAX it should work there. However, I would have to test that.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

It is working in the AJAX access point through safari browser but not working with Qlikview IOS installed app.

Do i needs to provide any settings to the Qlikview IOS installed app ?

Thanks in advance.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Let me test it and get back with you.

Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have just tested it and it works for me. I created a button with the URL as the action and it worked fine.

Not applicable
Author

hi Bill,

Yes it is working only if i provide the URL like "http://www.google.com".

Regards,

Vekat