cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dillerja
Contributor II
Contributor II

Legend does not display when only one value in dimension

I have created a simple self-contained test project to demonstrate this issue.

I have a stacked bar chart with 3 dimensions: Customer, Store, and Product.  The following picture shows the chart appearing correctly with a legend shown on Product with a different bar segment color for each product shown on the chart.

LegendAppearing.jpg

However, when I select the customer 'Jane Doe' there is only one Product value to display.  When I do this the Product Legend is empty and I can't tell which product I am looking at because I don't know which product the bar represents.  The below picture shows this, with my annotations added in red to highlight the issue.

LegendEmpty.jpg

What makes this even more strange is if I click on the bar chart's caption to make the chart 'active' then the Legend populates showing that blue represents the product 'Gasoline'.  However, if I then save the QVW file, the legend again goes blank.

Any ideas on what causes this, and know of any workarounds?

Message was edited by: Jack Diller (attached sample app: MissingLegend.qvw)

11 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Apparently, if you just press Ctrl-Shift once with your Chart (and 'Jane Doe') selected, your legend becomes visible again. No need to scale anything.

Miond you: be careful with the Ctrl-Shift way of reordering chart parts. It will offer nice effects, but also a good fight to get it to work like you want (more often than once)

dillerja
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Sunny.  I see that you expanded the legend vertically and that seems to have fixed it.  This still seems like a QlikView bug to me, but what you did is a good solution for what I need.