Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart: hide null dimension from expression.

Hi,

Is it possible to hide Null dimension from legend but include values in expression?

Example:

ProjectProject TypeRevenuePeriod
project 110001/2016
project 110002/2016
project 2A20002/2016
project 330003/2016
project 4B40003/2016
project 4B40004/2016

My chart has two dimensions: Period and cyclic group with Project and Project Type as dimensions. So you can view revenue over period by project type and project. Since all projects do not have Project Type, you will have null value in legend. However, requirement is that when there is no value in project type only Total is to be shown. And when there is value, Project Type in addition to Total is to be shown.

This is easily done with three expressions and set analysis but then I cannot use cyclic dimension. Does anyone know if there is a way to solve this?

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You mean to say two dimensions

1) Period

2) Cyclic Group (i.e Project , Project Type)

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to show how the expected output needs to look like or better, can you share a sample?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I added an example on what I currently have and what I am trying to achieve.

Basically what I need is to hide Null value from legend but include values from null rows in expression result.

sunny_talwar

See if you like the attached. I had to use some work around (for instance use a button with an image of cycle group instead of the actual cycle group)