Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart, 2 expressions

Hi,

I have the following problem. As you can see from the attached image (it is just a simple example) I have a line chart with 3 dimensions (date, seller, seller2) and 2 expressions: sum(price), sum(price2).

I want to have the possibility to select for example 2 sellers from the seller list box and 1 seller from the seller2 list box, and I should see 3 lines on the chart.

As for now I just see 1 line for each list box.

Thanks in advance

Michel

This is the code:

LOAD Date,

Article,

Quantity,

Price,

Sum,

Seller

FROM

(biff, embedded labels);

LOAD DISTINCT Date,

Article2,

Quantity2,

Price2,

Sum2,

Seller2

FROM

(biff, embedded labels);

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If the question is how to select more than one value in a list box, press and hold CTRL while you make the selections.

Whether one or many lines appear depends on how your defined your chart. I think you should post your app or a sample of it for more help on this.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the question was about showing more than one line on the chart.

If I keep 1 dimension on the line chart, for example sum(price), then when I select more than one value in the first list box I see multiple lines which is correct.

When I use 2 dimensions sum(price) and sum(prices2) I can't see multiple lines anymore.

kji
Employee
Employee

Multiple expressions will count as an expression, making the chart no longer using the second "real" dimension for its calculation (line chart is limited to at most 2 dimensions ( or 1 "real" dimension and multiple expressions)).